To provide a student with the assistance in offsetting costs to attend a college or university of their choice. These awards shall be administered through the Scholarship Committee awarded to sons/daughters of active members in good standing of the San Antonio Hispanic Police Officers Organization (SAHPOO). Members must have been a member of SAHPOO for at least two years or upon graduation from the Police Academy. A limited number of awards may be awarded to qualifying students in the San Antonio, Bexar County and surrounding areas.
- Funds are to be awarded on the basis of:
- Academics – Each applicant must be a high school senior student. Applicants must meet the requirements for entrance in the Community College/University of his or her choice.
- Applicants must have maintained a 3.3 G.P.A. or better. Others will be considered under special circumstances.
- Citizenship – Each applicant must show evidence of moral force of character, unselfishness, and consideration of others.
- Leadership – Each applicant must demonstrate leadership in the home, at school, and community activities.
- “B+” Average – a school level of work that is no less than 3.3 at the high school level.
- Scholarships – those funds awarded as a result of need and desire on the applicant’s part.
- Senior – a student in his last year of high school.
- Special Circumstance Applicant – applicants that have obtained a G.E.D. or who’s grades are below 3.3 GPA.
- Applicants shall mail a completed application for scholarship to the Scholarship Committee.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than Wednesday March 31, 2023.
- Applications will only be accepted through this method (no hand deliveries). Mail to:
SAHPOO Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 830716
San Antonio, Texas 78283